Monday, March 15, 2021

Multiple cameras fried

I’m at a dead end and looking for advice , this has all Happened in the last 3 weeks .

I’ve had 2 Ptzoptics cameras stop working ( turns on and functions but no HDMI out all of a sudden and not on the network ) also two PtzOptics controllers stopped working and would not turn on. Icing on the cake a motherboard to our new elevator that we had installed at my business also was fried.

The common denominator in everything that I can see is the Ethernet or cat 5 cable connected devises are being effected.

Elevator had zero power hooked up with the exception of a cat 5 phone line that was for emergency calls. The part of the board that fried was that area.

The ptz controllers were hooked to a voltage regulator battery box.

Everything is going though a 8 port switch in a storage room .

Now there is a older camera ( 7-8 years ) that I use more of an security camera now that is hooked to a Poe injector and also to that switch . Do you think it’s possible that somehow it’s feeding power back into the system and killing all my low voltage gear ?

Laptops that are hooked to the system and my Atem for streaming have been unaffected and are hooked to the same switch .

Thoughts ?



No comments:

Post a Comment