Friday, October 12, 2018

SRX Cluster - 1G SFP interface UP/DOWN

Hi all,

Looking for some input on what seems like a peculiar issue I am facing with the above.

I have an SRX cluster that I am trying to add DUAL ISP setup using local interfaces. Each ISP split across the nodes in the cluster.

I have tested one of the provisioned ISP ccts on an Cisco 7604 using a 1000Base-ZX optic. The service was verified and signed off with the carrier etc. I have since moved the LC tail from the C7604 to the SRX cluster but the interface refuses to reach UP/UP state.

The 1000Base-ZX optic is documented at operating on 1550nm, so we employed equivalent optics on the SRX. When the service did not initialise correctly, we got the light measured on the LC tail from the carrier which was confirmed to be on the 1301nm wavelength. So with the appropriate 1310nm optic in the SRX, we re-patched the LC tail, but still the port remains UP/DOWN.

Both optics register in the SRX and we can see the Tx/Rx dbm. I have set and removed the auto-negotiation feature also but with no change.

I am sure there must be something simple that I am missing but just cant see it...



No comments:

Post a Comment