Friday, October 12, 2018

iPhone Wifi calling... I can't believe I have to post this.

So, I've been going back and forth with Apple for 2 days about this. I have a company owned iPhone 6s on Verizon. I was using Wifi calling happily until iOS 12. Wifi calling immediately stopped working immediately after that update. I opted into the beta track, and was up to the most recent 12.1 Beta 3 (public) yesterday. I did a factory restore to go to 12.0.1 (stable). I have a coworker that is on iOS 11, his wifi calling works fine. We use a Palo Alto 5020 and are on PAN-OS 8.1.3. I'm on a VLAN that isn't being filtered for content, so literally everything goes through. We aren't doing DPI. What's weird is that it works fine for me at home.

For a while, I thought maybe it was something to do with the wireless side, but that seems unlikely, it doesn't work on 2 different models of Aerohive APs, I tried the Golden and most recent firmware on the newer of those APs. Also tried on a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD on the newest firmware. I also tried setting up a WPA2 Personal SSID to rule out anything to do with authentication, since we normally use WPA Enterprise. None of that fixed the issue. The traffic seems to be going through. I feel like this has to be a bug with both Palo Alto, and/or Apple's iOS. It works fine at home. I've mirrored the port my AP on my desk is on, and captured packets, and the guy with the iOS 11 phone is out of the office for the day, so I have nothing to compare to.

Anyone have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment