Thursday, October 11, 2018

NeXt UI alternatives - seeking suggestions!

Hi all,

I've spent far too long now trying to learn my way around NeXt UI (basically a Javascript library) and now that I'm actually trying to pull data from Netbox to draw my maps, things are not going well. My browsers (Firefox and Chromium in Ubuntu 18.04) are barfing on the number of devices in my charts; simply lowering the number causes my error to go away. Further, the error is "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" which cursory searching suggests is indeed some pretty basic Javascript resource exhaustion. The trouble is that we're only really talking about 50 or so devices, so that's obviously not especially workable.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that specifically support interaction? I really, really liked the fact that I could dynamically blow out/collapse my sites/closets, but no other library that I've found supports that nice level of interaction... I was hoping to use it to both impress the C-suite and keep some auditors off my back.

Ones I've looked at so far:

go.drawthe.net - Looks awesome for what it is, but no interactivity.

netdraw.it - No interactivity; not sure it'd take my structured output, either.

draw.io - Not really network, nor does it appear interactive.

asciiflow.com - Not really network, nor does it appear interactive.

textik.com - Not really network, nor does it appear interactive.

netmapper.io - Love this thing, but not interactive. (Thank you, /u/LA33R!)

Any direction/suggestions/encouragement/thoughts are much appreciated. Have a great day, everyone, and happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment