Wednesday, August 29, 2018

DO NOT purchase Cybrary's Insider Pro Edition (Predatory Business Practices)

So I decided to try cybrary.it Insider Pro trial to see how their virtual labs and practice exams were and if the $400/6mo price tag was worth it. The webpage at purchase emphasized that you won't be charged until the trial is over, you can cancel at any time, but you do have to provide payment info to get into the trial. Okay, that's pretty typical, let's give this a shot.

I tried out the trial and the VLabs were alright, the practice exams were lackluster though and had a limit of two downloadable offline exams. I would rather pay for the practice exams and get a full product imo, so I decide to cancel within the same day that I got the trial. I sent a request to cancel on their website chat, with the advertisement "usually responds within minutes!"

30 minutes passes... I ping the chat again "Hello?". Still nothing an hour later. So I email their support line support@cybrary.it with my order ID and request for cancellation.

24 hours later, I get the following emails back and forth (name is spoofed):

Support (Susan):

Hey there,

Would you like to pause your subscription instead to resume at a later date?

In addition, would you mind me asking where you feel the program is falling short of your expectations?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

Me:

Hi,

No, please cancel the subscription.

I do not think the value of the material provided justifies a $67/mo. price tag paid in full up front.

Thank you,

Support (Susan):

What price point do you think should be charged for our Insider Pro resources? In addition, what other resources do you think should be included to make Insider Pro a more valuable subscription to you?

Me:

$150 - $200 per year would be acceptable. Maybe pushing $250.

Downloadable practice exams (more than 2) need to be included if you are to keep the price as high as it is.

Support (Susan):

What makes downloadable practice exams a better asset than the practice exams that we offer now?

Me:

Hi Susan,

I understand Cybrary wants user input before cancellation, but this should be a voluntary process. Please cancel my subscription.

Thank you,

Then a few minutes later I get a message from the cybrary website because I had been refreshing my customer portal to see if the cancellation went through with Susan saying:

We had processed your request when you first sent it. We had scheduled your account to cancel when your trial is over, which is in 6 days.

I responded:

Thank you. That should be communicated in the initial email requesting feedback.

I mean seriously, what crap is that? Not only are cancellation requests not an automated web service, but the person I interact with takes over 24 hours to respond, doesn't communicate clearly, and avoids my request for cancellation in liue of asking for user feedback? It's honestly a joke and I am no longer supporting Cybrary. That is a crazy way to run a business, especially when you are asking for a $400 payment.



No comments:

Post a Comment