Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Budget-friendly disk-based cloud storage

I used to have a dropbox 1TB, and I want to replace it with something like a Synology or QNAP devices where I can create my own cloud. Here's what I want it to do/have:

1- Access it remotely from any computer (upload and download)

2- Preferable a phone app to upload pics and vids directly

3- Share links with others to download files (is this even possible in this case?)

4- I dont care about playing media from it.

5- 2 bays minimum, though I was thinking 4 bays for future proofing.

I came across Synology (418j, 416, ...) , QNAP and other brands. I dont want an overkill for my needs, which is mainly backup for my data, redundancy, online accessibility and sharing with others without giving them access to the whole drive.

Any recommendation is appreciated. Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment