Monday, March 15, 2021

MSP Netpath Monitoring

I'm looking for a Netpath monitoring tool like SolarWinds NPM Netpath, but with a cloud management portal. The monitoring should be done by agents installed on endpoints and be capable of detecting all layer3 devices in path. I would also like it to show path changes and latency between devices just like Netpath does. A bonus feature would be the ability to have an agent able to monitor any open TCP port of a target similar to how it was done by NPM Netpath. SolarWinds netpath was actually exactly what I needed, but I can't reintroduce that product back into our environment. I've looked at multiple products already and haven't found one with the same ease of use and setup, or at a reasonable price point.

I don't really need many more features out of the product. I'm providing MSP services and need to be able to clearly show the customer that the networking issues are on their end, or if it's the ISP/Backbone prove that. This makes it much easier for me to get them into discussions on how to go about fixing their network or looking for alternative ISP solutions.

Products I've already looked at

  • Obkio - Doesn't provide the needed path visuals i'm looking for
  • Domotz - I couldn't get good path visuals over ipsec tunnels
  • DataDog - More features than needed and seems more complicated than necessary

Ideally only looking to have between 10-25 monitored agents, so from my research that puts us under the minimum for some products. Appreciate all ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment