Sunday, December 1, 2019

TIFU when I erased the flash memory of my Cisco 2960 switch that I’m using in CCNA study lab.

I feel like a moron. I’ve spent all day trying to update my three 2960 switches from IOS 12.2(?) to IOS 15.1. I’ve been trying to do it using a tftp server on my laptop, but every time I tried to download the image file it would timeout. So after trying to follow almost every single guide I could find to make sure my switch had the right settings enabled and the server set up properly, I would still get the same results. The final guide/support forum post, suggested I erase the flash first to make room. Huge mistake, because after restarting the switch it won’t complete its boot sequence. I have no idea what to do now.

TL;DR: I’m an idiot and probably shouldn’t seek a job in networking.



No comments:

Post a Comment