Friday, July 19, 2019

Spotify problems caused by my firewall, how to troubleshoot?

On my network, spotfiy refuses to play more than 6 seconds of any song. I've tried a bunch of the fixes suggested on the Internet, and nothing fixes the problem.

The problem occurs on my desktop computer (wired network), and on my phone (wifi).

I'm pretty sure the problem is within my Sophos SG UTM firewall. If I turn wifi off on my phone, spotify plays fine. In this scenario, my phone is connecting to an AT&T microcell which traverses an ipsec tunnel through the same firewall and ISP that my regular network uses. This would appear to rule out problems on the devices themselves and any sort of bandwidth issues.

Anybody have any tips on troubleshooting Spotify issues from a network perspective?



No comments:

Post a Comment