Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Help debugging extremely strange situation.

Hey folks. I have a weird situation and I'm not even sure how to begin debugging.

I have an Asus AC-5300 running merlin. It's wired through the house. In my office I have a little gigabit switch connected to the wall. When I plug ethernet into my raspberry pi, my wireless becomes extremely unstable. I can get the windows boxes in the house to connect to it, although intermittently. The android devices error out instantly.

As soon as I remove the cable from the pi, everything instantly works again. My only thought is it has something to do with the 100 megabit ethernet port on the pi. I have no idea. Any thoughts would be welcome. I've reset the router to factory defaults, as well as an android device. They exhibit the same behavior.



No comments:

Post a Comment