Sunday, May 13, 2018

Cell Tower Connection Sharing

A bit of a shot in the dark, but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

We have a location that is pretty awful when it comes to business internet connectivity - the best (and really only) option is 100 Mbit Comcast Business.

However, we have a T-Mobile tower that leases our roof and a portion of an electrical closet. I’m not familiar with cell tower uplinks, but I am assuming they must have something pretty robust to provide good 4G service.

Has anyone ever approached a cell phone company about directly accessing their network in a situation like this? I don’t know if this is ever done, or who at T-Mobile you would even approach with a question like this.

Our facility manager handles the lease, but I think T-Mobiles presence predates our ownership of the building and so he is very hands off on any technical aspects.



No comments:

Post a Comment