Wednesday, December 1, 2021

MPLS as a Customer

An engineer that left the company ordered an MPLS circuit from a well known ISP to replace and existing P2P link. I’ve never used MPLS as a customer and while I could speculate as to why he ordered the circuit, I need to figure out the best way to use it. I wish I had another network engineer at my company or a mentor to ask but since I don’t I’m coming here 😄. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but what is the best way to use an MPLS circuit to replace a P2P circuit? Should I update our vpn tunnel to use the new non-private addresses? Or make some kind of vpn tunnel on the routers so that my same private IP address are what the firewalls see? Or something else entirely? Any resources or answers provided are greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment