Saturday, July 17, 2021

Upgrading Network devices for small business - Advice?

Hello all,

I came into a admin position for a smaller business a couple years back and since then its been mostly up keep. I upgraded our firewall to a SonicWALL, but everything else is pretty much what was there when implemented. What I'm wondering is, I'm looking for new devices and would like to stay uniform across the board if its better. Right now there are a wide variety of devices within this business. SonicWALL for the Router and Security, an old EOL Cisco Switch that has to be gotten rid of, a couple HP / Aruba 48 Port POE Switch that will probably be good for a couple more years, and then Small Cisco VPN Routers that connect certain aspects of the network to other parts. There is also a Unifi Wi-Fi setup. I know its all over the board.

The cisco switch is going to be replaced very soon and before that happens I believe I will talk to the business about moving to one provider or something easier to keep up with. This business hosts around 50 years and 75 devices. I would like a system where I could easily create and manage VLANs. If there was some type of monitoring or dashboards built in that would be great but not required.

Does anyone have any suggestions on hardware? I've looked through Aruba and Cisco's sites but you know how that is. They have a switch / router for any scenario and I'm starting to get a headache looking at all of them.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment