Saturday, July 17, 2021

Where to learn about peering types, internet exchanges, etc.. ?

I'm interested to learn as much as I can about BGP and peering on the Internet. I've learned how the BGP protocol works and is configured, but I don't have practical experience yet and there are many things I'm missing about how the economics work, what are the various types of peering that exists, how do internet exchanges work, etc...

I've found "The 2014 Internet Peering Playbook: Connecting to the Core of the Internet" by William B. Norton, which was a very interesting read that I can recommend; but it's a bit dated at this point and it also mostly covers the economics and doesn't cover much technical details such as how IXPs are usually setup or how configuration is agreed between peers, etc...

Is there some other resource/book/site that you would recommend as a read to learn more on this topic?

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment