Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Securing Dedicated Link communication?

Hello, i have problem figuring out proper and cheap solution to secure communication on Dedicated Link between two offices.

Infrastructure:

Main Router running pfSense. Eth0: WAN, eth 1-2 and local LANs (including intranet services that both offices need to access),

eth3 goes directly do ethernet port on my ISP device configured as an Transparent Dedicated Link to my other office.

In the other office I have ethernet port on ISP device that acts like it would be directly connected to my Eth3 port on my main router, so we have it connected to UniFi switch and there it branches down on workstations.

All of their traffic (including internet) goes through Dedicated Link and my main router.

Link speed is not an issue.

https://i.postimg.cc/L6xsN0ZC/2021-06-01-08-56-29-app-diagrams-net-4b743ac90764.png

Right now it acts as LAN network and is easy to manage, but if my ISP makes mistake, security of my Dedicated Line can be compromised.

I'm searching for a way to encrypt this communication without sacraficing the ease of management of the second office and i need to make it cheap :(

Do you guys have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment