Tuesday, June 1, 2021

How to secure RDP?

Hi Looking for a solution to secure a remote connection to my small office. I randomly need an outside person to connect to it remotely, and I have a dedicated pc on the network for this purpose, with Remote Desktop from MS. Running windows server and a small number of clients.

I see in the logs of our router a lot of brute force attacks on RDP. So would like to secure it better.

I am looking for an easy way to improve security.

Maybe something like the following?

  • A new firewall with a inbound VPN connection?

  • Software installed on the PC that use Google Authenticator?

Suggestions? I can’t afford costly equipment or big expenses on software… but surly a safe and easy solution is worth the money. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment