Thursday, June 10, 2021

Looking for resources to learn iBWave (survey/planning tool)

I was handed a copy of iBWave and asked to become competent in using it. The app is endlessly complex & not intuitive at all, and while it does seem quite capable, I am overall struggling to see the value of it over, say, Ekahau (eg they put a lot of emphasis on stuff that just don't make sense, like 3D, auto-ap placements, and channel planning, none of which am I particularly impressed by after using them nor would I really use anyways).

Their documentation is pretty underwhelming considering the complexity; I've reviewed just about every official video tutorial they've published and read through the in-app help but seem to have hit a dead-end because outside of following exact steps to accomplish basic design tasks, I'm still not where I need to be to work with this software.

And so, I'm wondering if anyone has any resources, experience, or anything they'd be able to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment