Thursday, June 10, 2021

Configuring static routing firm for an additional IP class at our firm

Hi,

I need to configure static routing at our firm and I'm completely lost (new to static routing and never figured it.) How to configure (Network Destination - Subnet Mask - Gateway) in our router. Seems whatever I do it's wrong.

We have a static IP (let's call it 5.5.5.5) and an additional 8-IP class which is routed through 5.5.5.5.

The 8-IP class has this space: 82.70.39.16 - 82.70.39.23 (changed numbers a bit but anyway).

I need to be able to connect a server that will use the IP 82.70.39.20 (for example) and be accessible from the internet. (also please let me know if this IP should be configured on LAN interface of the server OR do I need translate that to the private address space (192.168.0.x).

Can someone help with this? Much appreciated!

(note: if a different sub is required, please let me know which one is suitable, and I'll move this post right away. )

TIA



No comments:

Post a Comment