Saturday, April 24, 2021

[VyOS 1.3] Having WAN Load Balancing routing issues with inbound traffic

I recently enabled WAN Load Balancing on my VyOS installation since I have two ISPs providing DHCP. However, I've been having one hell of a time getting this configured correctly, specifically with inbound traffic. Traffic on LAN -> WAN seems to work fine, however failover is either broken and routing everything through one interface as as soon as the primary interface goes down, everything goes down. For the time being, I've seemingly resolved the issue partially with inbound traffic becoming stable by setting static routes for 0.0.0.0/0 to each interface with distance to determine which interface should be priority, but now my backup interface is unable to connect at all. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

View my configuration here

NOTE: I am aware of a WAN Load Balancing issue with VyOS when it comes to DHCP. However, the April 23rd rolling release has supposedly fixed this problem, and I updated to the release yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment