Thursday, April 22, 2021

Need to replace existing wireless solution, unifi

I need to replace existing unifi installs.

I am not against using a cisco product, but I'd like to keep it on the more cost friendly side of the scale vs full blown enterprise cisco.

If this product exists, great, if not, then I guess I'll keep searching.

I don't want to use amplifi/google mesh/etc, which will reduce speeds when more mesh points are added and a router is already in place.

100% of APs are hard wired from their mounting location to the main rack, even though unifi does allow meshing, it isn't used in our environment.

What I'm looking for

  • Fastest possible speeds with most wireless devices (I know this will be limited on the client side wlan radio)
  • Somewhat price friendly, I'm not looking for standard consumer gear pricing, but want to avoid enterprise pricing)
  • Wireless controller to manage all APs at a site
  • Future proof wifi standard AX should be available, if possible

Is there anything entry level/not full blown enterprise that someone could recommend? I've heard people mention cisco APs, in the past, but this was back when I wasn't having issues with wifi and I wasn't looking into other brands, at that time.

To be clear, I'm not replacing the unifi APs thinking that wireless speeds will improve with another brand, I'm simply getting more and more annoyed with the direction in which unifi is heading....bad support/no support, horrible firmware upgrades, removing features from the controller that users want, etc...

I know that no company is perfect, but unifi is all over the board.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment