Thursday, April 22, 2021

Cisco 9800 WLC running APs in local mode using multiple Vlans

Another question on configuring the C9800 Wireless controller vs the 5508. I've got my controller setup and configured for our first site which was a Flex Site. so that sites working great. Now I'm looking to configure my Primary site (where the controllers actually are). Since this site will be local mode, I've created the Policy to set it up in local mode, generated the tags, etc. the connection appears to Authenticate, and connect and there starts the problem.

1) Computer does not pull a DHCP address. I may have messed this up, but i have the policy telling it to use Vlan 10. the interface the controller is connected on is in trunk mode with allowed vlans 10 and 99. DHCP helper address is configured on the SVI of the core switch.

2) Somethings messed up with the networking. I set a static and I still cannot get anywhere.

What did I miss in the configuration for local mode that i setup for Flex mode?

Keep in mind my network structure is such that on the 5508 my AP management ip address is in Vlan1, and my client network is in Vlan 10. it's centrally switched so the AP is connected to a switchport running in access mode on Vlan1.



No comments:

Post a Comment