Thursday, February 25, 2021

Win10 - On 10% (on avg) of our PCs, a globe appears at the bottom right on Network Connection. It says "No Internet" but devices have internet. - O365 Issues.

Typically I would say that as long as everything works, leave it be. However, sometimes on those PCs, it loses connection to Office365/Outlook.

I currently have two different "fixes", but really they are just workarounds. I would like to possibly know what is causing the issue so I can resolve this permanently and not have to dick around with it every week.

"Workaround #1"

Lets say a PC is on Ethernet. I will connect to wifi (using usb wifi if its desktop). And then wait a second, then connect back to ethernet.

If the PC is on Wifi, I plug the device into ethernet, then back into wifi, then it seems to work.

"Workaround #2"

I run ipconfig. Went to network adapter and input her same exact ip address information as a static IP address. Confirmed. Then changed it back from Static to DHCP. Now the globe has disappeared and now shows Internet. Now her outlook is working just fine... Noting that the the DHCP address before and after setting static are still the SAME.

Both of these "Workarounds" will allow Outlook/O365 to connect.

Any ideas that could lead to a permanant fix would be great. But I would also appreciate any PDQ script or anything to possibly remotely resolve this without having to remote in, or walk to device to implement one of the above fixes.



No comments:

Post a Comment