Thursday, February 25, 2021

Fiber Optic Cable Types for Indoor Backbone < 300ft

Hi all,

I am an AV and IT integrator. I'm not new to fiber optics at all but I am wondering what you all choose for fiber optic runs under 300ft that are all indoors. Most of this is generally drop ceiling or occasional conduit. I only usually pull 6F for these applications and FREEDM One tight buffered was the last product that Corning recommended to us that I installed. I think this is similar to Belden FX tight buffered. I've also installed breakout type fiber (consultant spec) such as Belden FI3B004RB.

When do you choose armored cable? I hesitate on that since it is 3-4X the cost. I also don't see a reason to use loose tube or gel-filled for indoor-only use.

I know you can use innerduct but that may be more expensive than using armored?

Do you have a go-to product?

I know a lot of you here don't install your own fiber but I'm sure you have a say in what other contractors use.



No comments:

Post a Comment