Wednesday, January 20, 2021

analysing network traffic in teams meetings

Hi!

So I am now about to write my bachelor thesis. I chose an intresting task which was presented by an ISP. The task is to analyse data for virtual meetings that uses either teams or webex. The reason for this task is that before corona it was basically not a thing to join a virtual meeting from outside an office. Now I am to simulate virtual meetings and anaylse the data.

I will be given enough cisco meraki equipment to analyse locally. I have also been given access to see traffic from meetings for both teams and webex(control hub). This basically means that when I for example start a meeting using webex I can both analyse data by using webex controlhub AND meraki.

I have also been given diffrent tenants that I am administrator of(cool right?!). These tenants are placed diffrent places in the world and I can therefore choose which tenant to host the meeting on.

But I am also kinda scared at this point. I have had courses that is basically CCNA and CCNP. I also have hands on experience with cisco routers and switches by doing labs on our campus. But I have never used ANY of the tools given to me by the ISP. I dont have any experience with meraki. I dont have any experience with teh control hub or teams analysing tools either.

I know there are great network administrators here and because of this I want to get suggestions on books, articles or just general tips on how to use these tools. Also, what do you guys wish you knew when you first started using these tools?



No comments:

Post a Comment