Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Help understanding the trace route PostgreSQL server and deciding whether I should contact my cloud service provider

I have been trying to troubleshoot this problems for hours. I followed all the setup instructions for setting up the PostgreSQL server: I changed the value of listen_addresses to '*'. I added the line

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust 

I made sure there is no IP rule that prevents connections on port 5432: screenshot here

Finally, I tried to use trace route to check the route and this is what I got: https://imgur.com/a/SiPNkPK

I read that if there is a time at the very end of the hops, then it's probably a firewall issue. However, the time out here is not strictly at the very end and I am not sure what to make of this. Any help will be very appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment