Wednesday, January 20, 2021

MikroTik CCR1009 vs CCR2004 vs CCR1016 - Small time ISP.

Greetings! So we are a small ISP who is moving over for a new fibre project of 50-200 homes to start, then expending up to 25,000 homes.

I am not the networking guy, but the owner who has dabbled in networking when possible. But I am curious to know what is this subreddits thought on the MikroTik Cloud Core Routers.

What we will be carrying:

  • 10GB ENNI
  • 500M Protected Local Transit
  • 10,000M Pure international Protected L3

The recommendations I got given from the networking guys is the Mikrotik CCR-1016-S+ or CCR1036-2S+ which are great from what I know, but not the best for a tiny network which has plans for expansion. This is where I was doing research and came across the CCR2004.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, and yes the network guys will make the final decision and educate me more when possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment