Monday, October 12, 2020

HP OfficeConnect switch not passing DHCP?

Hey all,

I have an 18xx OfficeConnect (L2 only) switch running my environment. I filled the 8 ports and picked up some APs needing POE so I added an 8 port 1920 (L2/L3)

The 1820 works great on its own with a Sophos XG vm as my router (Esx) When I make port 8 on both switches tagged (trunk in Cisco speak) with the Vlans I want, I can set a static IP / DNS on a client on the APs and get out to the internet - but I’m not even seeing the request on the Sophos.

When I enable a DHCP relay OR forward net broadcasting then enable L3 routing and admin on any port/vlan I lose access to the switch admin page and have to reset.

Further, I am unable to set the admin page to DHCP - it doesn’t receive any addressing. Not sure which port/vlan it attempts to request over.

Any ideas ?

Tl;dr - I can ping gateway/dhcp server but don’t receive DHCP requests on dhcp with new 1920 switch.



No comments:

Post a Comment