Monday, October 12, 2020

Cisco Voice change mass number

We are bringing in a new ip phone system and the vendor configured a new vlan for it. Now we have to change the voice vlan for all of our switches at every site. It’s well over a thousand phones.

I don’t want to do int ranges since we have a mixed set of ports configured for various devices.

I am trying to work on a python script that takes the ports that show up for the output show cdp neighbors | include IP phones.

I know I will hand try to parse the ports even if it’s just to get a text file of

int g1/0/6 switchport voice vlan x

For every switch going.

Looking at either nornir or netmiko for this.

Any tips will be appreciated. I have netmiko scrips that work but they only apply the dame command or multiple commands sequence. I have worked on a script that runs a show command, parses certain parts and injects into new function.



No comments:

Post a Comment