Friday, October 30, 2020

How can I make my APs communicate with a Cloud API?

Ok, so I have 4 different GrandStream Access Points, all provided by the employer. The exact models are GWN 7602, 7605, 7630 and 7630LR.

My task is to build an API that receives a request whenever someone connects to the wireless network and collects as much data as it can to build up an analytics dashboard for the location owner. Of course the system would ask for permission and logging in with social accounts is optional.

The idea is to have the end user be presented with a sign-in screen when they first connect to the network and when they select an option (Login with Google, Facebook, Apple ID etc.) or incognito, we need to collect as much data as we can (demographic and stuff like that) so the location owner can adjust their ad campaigns to match the most / least common type of visitor (whatever they want).

I am used to building Laravel REST APIs on a LEMP stack with a Vue frontend so if the system is doable in that way it would be nice, but I am not completely married to this certain stack nor do I run away from other technologies. How do I configure the access point to communicate with my API and store the data I need?



No comments:

Post a Comment