Monday, August 17, 2020

How to handle imposter syndrome?

I was an associate network engineer for 2 years and am currently a grade level network engineer for the past 1 year at a new company. I have my bachelors in Networking and have my CCNA, but today I feel defeated. I feel like I am not smart enough to be the network professional that I want to be. Today I was called out by our lead engineer for not paying enough attention to details. On top of that the DHCP server I deployed and got working is in the wrong VLAN and was IP’d wrong. So now I have to go through and basically redeploy the server with the correct IP and coordinate that change all over.

Sometimes I feel like I am not cut out for this type of work. I have been lucky enough to work with some really smart engineers and it seems like it just comes naturally to them and I seem to struggle more.

How do you get through the ups and downs of being a network engineer or IT professional?



No comments:

Post a Comment