Monday, August 17, 2020

Basic corporate network issue

Hey,

Hoping for some assistance. We recently relocated a WAN connection to a site which has a small network already there, with a normal internet router and it's own IP range.

What I'm trying to achieve is to connect to 2 together, to enable the existing site to be able to access the printer connected to the WAN network.

My thought process was to add a router between both networks and set up some static routes between, but I'm unsure if this is correct, and also the config steps to take.

I assume this is fairly 'simple' but routing's one of those things I've not got my head around. Switch config and adjusting config, VLANs etc I'm comfortable with, but not had to touch much routing.

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Here are some diagrams of what I mean.

[Current](https://i.imgur.com/NLeSb4b.jpg)

[My Assumption](https://i.imgur.com/P11OlUW.jpg)

I just assume some things need to be done to route 0.0.0.0 depending on which side of the network you're on etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment