Monday, August 17, 2020

Nexus 9K - 100 Mb/s + Full Duplex Question

have a Nexus 9500 with a 9788TC-FX card in it. Was supposed to move some legacy Avaya voice equipment over to it, but when I hard-coded the ports to 100/full I could not get a link light. The older non-Cisco switches were configured this way without issue. I tested an available Catalyst 9300 and it worked.

I'm led to believe this particular card can operate in 100 Mb/s mode. I connected a Cat9K and set it for 100/Full and it worked fine. When I had the old voice equipment set to 'auto' only (I think because the consultant with access was extremely confusing) it worked but then eventually link was lost as the other side reverted the setting automatically for some reason.

Has anyone run into this? I had a TAC case open but it was of no use. Working with the vendor supporting the voice side but expectations are low. I specifically designated 2 cards for voice, and am not concerned about 'wasting' ports on 100 Mb/s. The alternative is to setup a designated Cat9K stack for this purpose which is far from my preferred option

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment