Wednesday, July 8, 2020

ASA FPR2120 Only 4 to 8mbps on Gig line

Hey Everyone,

I've got a pair of FPR2120s and am doing dynamic split tunneling for stuff like youtube and other high bandwidth sites. I've started getting complaints about slowness and I know that VPN in general is slow and things like file transfers will be slower etc. But when I run a speed test I'm only getting between 4 and 8mbps. Our connection is a Gig and we are only using about 200mbps in total according to Netflow.

I'm running TLS only and haven't had a change to try DTLS as when I enabled it briefly I would a reconnection screen at exactly 1:04 so I didn't have time to figure out why and set it back. Would you happen to have anything else I can look into to try and speed up the connection?

We are using the latest 9.12.2 code and only using it as a VPN and nothing else the basic IDS / IPS stuff is turned on from out of the box but I wouldn't think that would make a big impact. We have 500 or so users at most during the day and the only bottle neck I've been working with Cisco is our CPU pegs out at 80% through the day I've had a ticket with them for over 3 months as to why as the unit is rated for 3500 connections.

Appreciate you taking the time to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment