Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Comcast EDI Static IPv6 Provisioning

One of my clients moved to Comcast EDI and they pulled a new circuit to the building last week. They sent over the static v4 and v6 blocks today for the order. I have worked with DHCPv6-PD for a number of years for all my clients, and any that used static addresses have only used v4. This is the first who used a static v6 allocation.

Comcast provided two pieces of info: a "P2P IP /126" allocation and an "A IP /48" allocation. They said the upstream gateway is at xxxx:1 of the /126 block and that I should configure our firewall to be xxxx:2 of the /126 block. When I setup DHCPv6 on the internal networks for the client devices, what would I set the IPv6 Gateway/Subnet to? Obviously, the clients need to be on the /48 block. The /126 block is outside of the /48 allocation. Shouldn't there be a gateway for the /48 allocation too? Should I just assume it's at yyyy:1/48?



No comments:

Post a Comment