Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Issues w/ getting traffic past my Meroki Firewall

Was wondering if one of the networking geniuses here could help me figure this one out, since I am at a complete loss.

I have a reverse proxy setup for one of my applications here on property and that appears to be working correctly. My issue is whenever someone tries to hit my reverse proxy via the FQDN externally the traffic dies at my firewall according to my tracert. But internally everything works fine.

The tracert shows the correct public IP from FQDN, it just appears the traffic doesn't know where to "hop" after the firewall. I have looked at the firewall settings and everything appears to be correct, but obviously it isn't because it's not working.

I have tried to look at the following on my firewall

- Tried Port forwarding

- Checked my Inbound rules to make sure the source destination and port is correct

- I even looked into setting up a static route for this traffic, but didn't implement it because it appeared like it would break a lot of things if I tried this and I didn't want to risk breaking other things on my network.

If anyone has any ideas on where to look next that would be appreciated. I am still new to all this networking stuff, and I am not that familiar w/ Meroki to boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment