Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Mikrotik RB4011 as Multicast RP

Hello,

I'm looking to learn Mikrotik routing & also play with (without using cisco hardware of which I'm already familiar) multicast at home. I have a few $ in my paypal from selling some stuff so was thinking of picking up an RB4011. I'm pretty familiar with Cisco IOS, vyatta, edgeos (ubiquiti), and pfsense already & would like to add Mikrotik RouterOS to the list of software I'm familiar with. I'd also like to do inter-vlan routing with the RB4011 (I have a Mikrotik CRS317 already in "production" using switchos). From what i understand I can use a cisco rollover console cable to configure everything via CLI.

Anyone have personal opinions on using RB4011/RouterOS as a multicast RP and/or inter-vlan routing device? I'm thinking the best interface to use is the sfp+ connected to the CRS317 with 802.1q for each vlan SVI.



No comments:

Post a Comment