Monday, December 23, 2019

Adtran Netvanta 4430 Config Questions (similar to Cisco)

Hi folks,

Trying to set up a Netvanta 4430 to do a few things for me...

- 5 VLANs (ID 2-6) (all using encapsulation)

- set up DHCP for said VLANs

- make it so that VLANS 2, 3, and 6 can access VLAN 4 but no one else.

- make a DHCP reservation for two IP addresses on VLAN 4

So far I have the IP ranges for the VLANs set up, DHCP set up for all the VLANs, and have all the reservations made. Now I am hitting an issue with the third point; I am a bit confused about the difference between access-lists and access-policies so I can do the whole inter VLAN routing. I am following the guide on Adtran's site but I am really confused on what goes where, as in the nat translation. NAT is all new to me so I'm trying to figure it out, but it looks like I should specify the translated IP should be the public IP of the system... right?

Here is the guide I'm following, I specifically mention page 25 at the top. https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1657



No comments:

Post a Comment