Monday, December 23, 2019

Workaround for corporate network that doesn't allow desktop switches?

I work end user support for a large company. I do a lot of IMAC services, imaging, troubleshooting, etc. Things get really busy on occasion, and I'm asked to be in three places at once, image many devices per week, or what have you. The powers that be refuse to make an exception for their no desktop switch rule. I understand the point of the rule, in that they don't want end users daisy chaining multiple junk switches, and making it difficult to track down issues. I'm not an end user. I need a workaround to do my job effectively.

This is certainly a situation where it's much easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. Maybe they're not set up to allow this ability for one person without opening it up for everyone. I don't know. How might I cut through this restriction?



No comments:

Post a Comment