Thursday, May 2, 2019

DNS records for single G Suite user

I have both a registered domain and a web hosting plan at my local web hosting company. I was provided a cPanel account to manage my web pages and to manage my DNS settings as well. Before the web hosting plan I only had my domain name, that I pointed to freedns.afraid.org and I created a G Suite account, to have my personal email hosted on Google's servers, but now cPanel manages DNS.

My web hosting plan also has a mail server option and I made few more mail accounts for my team members, but I wanted to keep my own on G Suite. However, even though I put in the same DNS records as the G Suite setup guide suggests (+ I had the same setup before), I can no longer receive, neither send emails from my G Suite account, but other accounts on my domain can, therefore I think something has to do with DNS, but this sadly exceeds my knowledge.

Another thing to point out: I've read blog and forum posts on split mail delivery, which is rather not the same thing. I need to route my domain to Google, only to host a single user. Others will be hosted from my cPanel mail server at the hosting company's servers.

Kind regards,

Jure



No comments:

Post a Comment