Thursday, May 2, 2019

Anyone working with Huawei VRP gear? output screen width help needed

Hello redditors,

I've got some Huawei S5700 around that are used for a smallish project, these use VRP as its NetOS (not CloudEngine). I have a problem with the following command:

display lldp neighbors brief 

It returns cropped data, for instance:

Local Intf Neighbor Dev Neighbor Intf Exptime(s) XGE0/0/1 ar-dc01-asw05.netinfr... Gi1/1/2 102 

The whole name of the device is ar-dc01-asw05.netinfr.mycompany.com so it should return something like:

Local Intf Neighbor Dev Neighbor Intf Exptime(s) XGE0/0/1 ar-dc01-asw05.netinfr.mycompany.com Gi1/1/2 102 

Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? I've tried "screen width" command to no avail, the reason I need it full is because I'm building a micro app that queries this data and then parses it, so I need the full name and the other command I have vailable:

display lldp neighbors 

Produces a wall of text... per interface with a neighbor, which I am having a hard time parsing.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment