Thursday, May 23, 2019

ASA - Azure :: Active-Active VPN

I need to migrate an active-active VPN to Azure from an ASR to an ASA ha pair.

This is a route based setup with vti's. On the current router we have 2 static routes to the azure subnets, one out of each relevant vti interface. The azure side is active-active.

Does this setup carry actions to an ASA? my only concern is the "statefulness" of a fw. If we have two static routes, with same metric, to same azure subnets, but via different vti interfaces, will that mess anything up?

We have no ACL's on the tunnel interfaces so I don't think that will be an issue. But I'm curious inf anyoje else has done the same and if they saw any unexpected behaviour.

What I want to happen is that ASA sends out of any vti, and received from either vti, and doesn't care!



No comments:

Post a Comment