Thursday, April 11, 2019

HP CLI / Web Interface Help

Good Morning People (UK here),

I recently took on support of a site with HP Procurve switches everywhere, about 30 of them. I have a strange problem that I can't figure out on my own and I believe it may be a quick easy fix.

When I first took over the network, the previous company was kind enough to give me a list of IP Address' and Passwords. They all seem to work. When I first browsed to the Web Interface of the switches I could view settings right away without any login, but not change them. I changed the passwords to new ones to remove any unauthorised access using the telnet command 'password all'. This prompted me to change the Operator and Manager password to new ones and confirm. I have changed them both to the same password for now.

Now when I browse to the Web Interface of the switches, I immediately see a login / password box and it does not seem to accept any combinations of my operator / manager and password. It does not tell me it's incorrect, it just loads the login page again, the same behaviour if I deliberately enter something incorrect.

A lot of the switches vary in Model number but for reference one of them is a 5406zl (J8697a).

Anyone able to offer any advise at all? I am more accustomed to Meraki and Web Interface Management of older devices, my CLI is very rusty!



No comments:

Post a Comment