Friday, April 5, 2019

Back To Back vPC with VXLAN in Between?

Hey Guys,

So I have been thinking about this topology wondering if it is possible. If I have four Nexus 9300 switches and I want to put each vPC pair into two different racks in the same DC but I want to keep the IP subnet the same between each rack. Would using routed interfaces between vPC 1 and vPC 2 with VXLAN between work? I would use HSRP on the "frontend" on all four 9K switches and configure the the same IP subnet on each switch. On paper this sounds promising, but wondering if this will work, any gotchas, or I'm I just crazy ;)

The main goal is to keep the networks the same between each rack, I don't have a core switch these would be the only switches in the DC besides maybe some copper switches for management traffic. Which would connect to either vPC 1 or vPC 2 not both.

The topology would look something like this:

 vPC Domain 2 -+---------+- -+---------+ | +----+ | |9K-3 +----+9K-4 | -+-----+---%- -#----+----| | x z | | xz | | zx | VXLAN | z x | +-----+---# %----+----+ | +----+ | |9K-1 +----+9K-2 | +---------+ +---------+ vPC Domain 1 

Thank You



No comments:

Post a Comment