Friday, April 5, 2019

weird problem surfacing with Internet [HELP!]

I’m staying at an extended stay America and have been for 1 month now, I bought their upgraded internet and for the first month I had no problems whatsoever, the speeds weren’t great but I could videogame and have a reasonable ping and not have any lag.

As of yesterday I started getting problems, my ping is between 150-500 ms at all times and sometimes the internet totally times out. I’ve called tech support 9 different times and all they have me do is run a speed test and connect me to closest access point, which fixes nothing. My DL is 5-10 mbps and upload is around .5-2 mbps, I know the download isn’t even true either because I tried downloading a driver and it’s actually About .5 mbps.

Since the tech support seems inadequate to help me, I’ve gone crazy the last few hours trying to find a fix, I’ve updated all my drivers, turned firewall on and off, messed with services trying to find ones I can disable to free up internet, ran virus scans, forgot network and reconnected, and a lot more stuff.

Nothing has worked, I took cyber security classes back in highschool so I have a basic understanding of computers, plus I spend all my free time on it. I cannot access the router page obviously because it’s an extended stay hotel. Also I almost never download files off internet, I strictly game on my pc so I don’t think it could be an issue with a file/virus.

If someone could help me fix this it would mean the world to me, seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment