Friday, March 22, 2019

Router lost all settings - how the hell does that happen?

So I was minding my own business when I got a call from my siblings that my server services was offline. I thought that was odd, as I was on it locally and there was no internet issues in my house. I started trouble shooting the most popular service that my family use all the time, which has a history of weird connectivity issues with every update they push. Everything I tried resulted in failure, and I was resigned to a weekend of unfucking this...... and then I thought "i'll take a look at the router" I don't know why though. I'm the only one with physical access and the only one with the rather long password (kept in a key-bound KeePass database, an hilariously over the top encryption level for the task) ........ but it didn't work..... until I tried the factory login: admin;admin...... and it fucking worked. Uptime matched my last known reset, but all settings were gone.

How the hell does something like that happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment