Friday, March 22, 2019

Change VLAN-ID for just specific ports

I'm trying to remotely resolve someone misconfiguring a bunch of devices with the incorrect management vlan.

Our management subnet 10.111.222.0/24 is supposed to be vlan-id 15, so all devices with an IP in this subnet have to be configured for vlan-id 15 but someone changed a few devices and I'm seeing some of the switches MACs only on vlan 25.

Is there a way to rewrite the vlan-id 15 on certain ports to be vlan-id 25 and not effect other ports/devices?

I'm working with a L2 HP 2530 and I don't have anyone on-site for remote hands otherwise I'd ask someone to connect two switches and I'd just untag vlan-id 15 on one side to another untagged with vlan-id 25, temporarily.

I can't change vlan-id 15 without taking down the wireless network, otherwise I would just do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment