Thursday, February 28, 2019

Wireless troubleshooting for the Masses

Hey guys, I'm looking for a wireless troubleshooting solution for 30+ field techs and trying to decide if I need to buy hardware or would a good software solution help with my issue. I need to read the spectrum and determine what is causing the interference. I am not using any particular appliance to provide WiFi as we have several devices out in the field and techs will also troubleshoot customer bought wireless equipment. Most of the techs are residential installers.

Whats the main difference between a hardware based RF analyzer like the Oscium Wipry 5x and software based analyzer like the Netspotapp?

I understand the Oscium does have software that comes with the USB RF analyzer but would you get the same results with Netspotapp and just using a phone with 2.4/5GHz chipset built into it?



No comments:

Post a Comment