Thursday, February 28, 2019

Where to start on the network automation journey?

My company is starting to put focus around network automation. The problem is, automation seems to mean something different to everyone. For some it means cranking out configs by inputting a few variables, others want to see automatic network remediation while others (like myself) have written some python scripts to save time by automating mundane tasks and want a place to share with others. I just started on this team and I have a solid networking background (CCNP) and some python scripting skills. I’m wanting to get opinions from others working in a large corporation exactly how they got started down this automation path. A few things I’m interested in feedback on: -Is there a specific platform that helped (Ansible, Puppet, a Linux server to launch scripts from, etc) -What are good resources to reference? (Products/consultants/online resources/training recommendations/anything) -What were biggest challenges to the network automation journey and how did you overcome? -What are good use-cases to start with when trying to automate?

Thanks for any and all input! I really want this to be a success just need some help on how to get started.



No comments:

Post a Comment