Thursday, February 28, 2019

BGP Path Selection Unwanted Results

Some of my networks are traversing a path that isn't the shortest path from what I can telling using multiple looking glass servers. Typically traffic is balanced across both of our BGP routers via pre-pending certain networks. Recently, I noticed that a handful of networks were no longer obeying what I deem is the shortest path. The BGP routers we peer with are different vendors so the only explanation I can think of is the traffic that is not be obeying, ~500mbps, is coming from our peer's directly connected network where, when traffic is sent to the peer, the local route is used. I have attached a network diagram in hopes to illustrate the issue better. How can I force traffic to use the other path?

Network Diagram



No comments:

Post a Comment