Saturday, February 23, 2019

What are the basic deployment readiness configurations items for network appliances (specifically Clearpass)?

I am going to be responsible for deploying new Clearpass clusters to replace Cisco ACS at a large enterprise. The project to migrate to this solution preceded me, so much of the developmental and lab environment has already been built and initially configured, so I do not have much experience deploying from the ground up.

Since I am building these systems from the ground up, I was trying to think of some basic configuration items on the appliances necessary for a secure deployment. I'm worried I might be missing some system basics that would apply to other network devices as well.

Some of the items I am thinking of are:

-configuring only necessary network services (disable or enable certain services like ssh)

-restricting default admin permissions and changing default passwords

-setting up snmp monitoring (ex: Microfocus)

-setting up syslog monitoring ( ex: Splunk, SEIM solutions,)

-binding to AD and adding other authentication and authorization sources

-installing certificates (https, radius)

-importing CRLs (for wireless profiles, etc)

-configuring cluster publisher and subscribers as well as failovers

-configuring services and service elements (profiles, role mappings, dictionaries)

​

Am I missing any basic configuration considerations? Are there any initial setup tips that relate to other network appliances that would be applicable here?

​

Thank you in advance for any help!



No comments:

Post a Comment