Saturday, February 23, 2019

What are the basic deployment readiness configurations items for network appliances (specifically Clearpass)?

I am going to be responsible for deploying new Clearpass clusters to replace Cisco ACS at a large enterprise. The project to migrate to this solution preceded me, so much of the developmental and lab environment has already been built and initially configured, so I do not have much experience deploying from the ground up.

Since I am building these systems from the ground up, I was trying to think of some basic configuration items on the appliances necessary for a secure deployment. I'm worried I might be missing some system basics that would apply to other network devices as well.

Some of the items I am thinking of are:

-configuring only necessary network services (disable or enable certain services like ssh)

-restricting default admin permissions and changing default passwords

-setting up snmp monitoring (ex: Microfocus)

-setting up syslog monitoring ( ex: Splunk, SEIM solutions,)

-binding to AD and adding other authentication and authorization sources

-installing certificates (https, radius)

-importing CRLs (for wireless profiles, etc)

-configuring cluster publisher and subscribers as well as failovers

-configuring services and service elements (profiles, role mappings, dictionaries)

Am I missing any basic configuration considerations? Are there any initial setup tips that relate to other network appliances that would be applicable here?

Thank you in advance for any help!



No comments:

Post a Comment